2.2.08

Nothing's Gonna Change My World

(I've had to re-write today's entry due to a # of technical difficulties.)

Hope no one's missed this article! Apparently, NASA is planning on beaming Across the Universe into deep space on Feb 4th to commemorate its founding as well as the original recording of the song. Sweeeet! I mean - what?!?

Ironcally, I woke up this morning to the lyrics of Across the Universe playing in my head. What better way to greet the morning sun (or clouds, if you live in London)?

Sounds of laughter shades of life
Are ringing through my open ears
Inciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which
Shines around me like a million suns
And calls me on and on across the universe

(The Beatles)

Speaking of which, I haven't yet seen the recently released musical, Across the Universe. It's a fictional story set against the U.S. historical background of the 60's, amid the anti-war movement and social protests of the times. What's cool - the story is paired with Beatles songs, and since these were written as a product of, or in reaction to, those same events, the movie makes for a potentially interesting blending of history, poetry, & one of the greatest rock bands of all time. Check it.

Across the Universe - Trailer

Besos.

1 comment:

Thalia said...

I love your random thoughts...Have a great weekend!