19.1.08

Boss, I have so much to tell you...

I've never loved a man, more than you. (Zorba the Greek)

Contrary to my somewhat Existentialist conviction that, as humans, we should face ourselves and take responsibility for what we are and what we make ourselves, I'm going to altogether ignore all notions about "existence preceding essence" & defend my worsening condition of musiquitis. "It just ain't my fault" that I'm so possessed by music, when even my cochlear hair cells can't resist a dance to some good, ole' ragtime blues! See for yourself. Go on.

Cochlear Hair Cell - Dancing


And now, a scene from one my all-time favorite movies, Zorba the Greek (a film based on a book I haven't read). The part is played by Anthony Quinn & the theme, Sirtaki, is by Greek composer Mikis Theodorakis. It's a classic & Zorba's simple take on life is contageous. And it's just sweet, sweet lovin' for those cochlear hair cells.

A man needs a little madness. Or else, he never dares cut the rope and be free.

Zorba the Greek - Directed by Michael Cacoyannis

Besos.

No comments: