1.1.08

10, 9, 8...

What a better way to start the new year than with the celebration of a miracle? That's right, folks. I know it's hard to say, I had to practice every syllable in front of the mirror and convince myself that it was true - but Miguel has actually graduated. What?! But he was in the 9 year program, people say. But he attended UCF, or rather, U Can't Finish. But he was so happy taking the ever impressive 4 semester hours per year. But not everyone looks good in a black robe! Well, there he is, surrounded by family members with smiles so big that they were just waiting for someone to say, April Fools, Just Kidding, gotta run to class! The big countdown this year wasn't for New Years, it was for his final grades just a couple of weeks ago, the deciding factor of, not just his future, but his mother's health, given that no one was going to withstand another year of, "Ooooh, not good. Gotta take one more semester." Congrats, Miguel. Honestly, we didn't think you'd make it, but we're so happy you did!

I have to admit that after spending just about every New Years in Buenos Aires, this one was pretty uneventful. I was home early enough for my insomnia to kick in and drive me to turn on my computer. Insomnia on New Years? Yeah, I didn't think it was possible either. Oh, what I did get out of it - well Odile is bringing me my SICCUS when she comes back, and I met someone who can play it well and help me learn... Whoo whooo! Should go well with my neighbors' constant yelps and happy music. Happy New Year!

Besos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but feel obligated to comment on this one...

Thank you for the embarrassment. What better way to celebrate a "happy" moment than to be reminded of the longevity of my college career...not to mention putting it on your imfamous blog.
Happy New year Flor