24.5.08

And the Whirling Wind Turns to Song

Why, 
it 
sets 
my 
soul 
free. 
(Cat Stevens)








An entire month has passed since my last blog entry, and, well, 

   an emptiness 

has thus been growing slowly, steadily, & silently within me.  And yes, I very purposely let ' emptiness ' stand alone, plain, & bereft of modifiers, as it should if it's to be taken for what it really is: empty, & with absolutely nothing to be added.  

So why resume my blog-writing today, of all possible days? Because today marks the start of a 6-week adventure!  Be so kind as to direct your gaze to the top right quadrant of this screen, & notice the tall, worm-like character staring directly at you.  Folks, he's slithered his way across the Atlantic, an entire ocean, dodging hungry fish who'd ignorantly mistake him for bait along the way, fighting off 8-legged octopi who'd easily dine him 8 times per tentacle, & burrowing his way through the cold, colossal icebergs against which the Titanic didn't even stand a chance. And he's finally made it, after an unforgettable trek.  And I'm so happy.

Visit his newly formed Obscene Affirmations.  I won't adulterate his creations with my own descriptions - there are no words I can use because the meaning still leaves for you to choose.

Pictures to come in the next week, I promise, sandwiched both by humor & 2 upcoming June trips - the first to Barcelona & the second to Stockholm.  Booyakasha!  But first a good night's sleep - you know, to avoid triggering the whole "insomnia" thing all over again, as it's been going quite well these last few months.

Man must fight for freedom, 
Sure that's what most other people would say,
Look for a body to lead them 
But there's too many to lead them away.
Why wait until it's your time to die 
Before you learn what you were born to do?
Come on now, it's freedom calling 
But there's only one freedom for you.
Love, love boy...
(Cat Stevens)

Cat Stevens - Foreigner Suite

Besos.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi i'm new here, I came accross this forum I find It incredibly helpful and it has helped me alot. I should be able to give something back & guide others like its helped me.

Cheers, See Ya Around